Smart Building Technology Course - Part Time (BTEi)
Level 5 QQI Award
This course is offered on a part time basis over two academic years. Contact hours are 11 hours per week over 1.5 days covering classroom and workshop activities.
This Smart Building Technology Back To Education Initiative (BTEi) course is aimed at students who want to upskill in the emerging retrofit and sustainable construction sector. This is a practical workshop based course offering instruction in energy upgrades, green building techniques, installation of insulation, and the use of computer technology in the construction sector. Participation in this course will provide opportunities to continue learning, obtain national certification, develop new skills and pursue new employment opportunities.
One of the following:
- No previous construction experience necessary.
- A student seeking entry to this course does not need a previous formal qualification. However, the student must demonstrate at interview the capacity to successfully participate on the course
- Thermal Insulation Installation
- Timber Frame Building
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Computer Aided Draughting (2D)
- Word Processing
- Wood Fabrication
- Smart Building Technology
- Safe Pass
- Work Experience
No module information available at this time
Please contact us for more information
- Level 5 Award Construction Technology (5M5010)
- Safe Pass Certificate
- The BTEi provides part-time further education courses for young people and adults
- BTEi is free to all with less than upper second level standard of education, all those in receipt of Social Welfare payments, all those dependent on a Social Welfare payment, all those with a current medical card and those signing for credits
- Social Welfare payments are not affected
- Instruction is delivered by industry experts in a combination of workshop, workplace, computer laboratory and classroom environments.
Specialist Resources include:
- Solar and Photovoltaic Panels
- Water Heat Exchangers
- Exchange Ventialation Unit
- Underfloor Heating System
- Insulation System
DFEi: Graduates may progress to the Level 6 QQI Advanced Certificate in Architectural Technology and Design at DFEi.
Elsewhere: Graduates are eligible to apply through the CAO and/ or the Higher Education Links Scheme to a range of higher education certificate and degree programmes, at both Universities and Institutes of Technology.
BTech in Timber Product Technology (DT169)
BEngTech in Civil Engineering (DT004)
BSc in Construction Management (DT117)
BEngTech in Building Services Engineering (DT005)
Bachelor of Architecture (DT101)
Dublin Institute of Technology
BSc in Construction Building and Services Management (CW417)
Institute of Technology Carlow
Higher Certificate in Science Construction Technology (CW416)
BEng in Civil Engineering (CW478)
Institute of Technology Carlow
BSc in Construction Technology (DK745)
Dundalk Institute of Technology
Completion of this course will provide students with the necessary practical skills and knowledge to seek employment in the retrofit and sustainable construction sector or to progress to a variety of construction trades.